- The Head Start Director in the event of an emergency is responsible in making the decision to cancel or postpone classes. Inclement weather, natural disasters, or damage to center buildings are examples of reasons to shut down.
- Contact will be made with as many parents as possible through the SchoolMessenger telephone notification system. It is important for all families to keep their centers updated any time their telphone number or contact information changes.
- Closure announcements will be made on radio stations WCIL, and WDDD, as well as television stations WSIL and KFVS.
- When bad weather causes early dismissal or cancellation of classes, parents are responsible for picking up child in allotted time frame or for making arrangements for someone to be home when the child is dropped off by our busses.
- Special Note: Children attending Head Start classroom at Puka will have school unless those facilities are closed by announcement.